home tutorials features parties custom orders

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Zipper Pouches for She's Worth It

A few weeks ago, I read about the She's Worth It Campaign over at The Train to Crazy.  Andrea was asking her readers to contribute to this cause in an effort to fight human trafficking and slavery, specifically girls and women trapped in sexual slavery/sex trafficking/and forced prostitution.


You can read all about the campaign and how you, too, can help over at The Train to Crazy.

While I can't contribute as much as I'd like monetarily, I was able to sew together four zipper pouches which will be handed out to women and girls who are recovering from enslavement.    These pouches will help show these women that other women care about them and pray for their healing.


I cannot imagine what these women and children have endured, and it is my hope that they will continue to know a better, loving life that is free of abuse.

There's still time to contribute to the cause!  If you'd like to make a monetary donation, you can do so here.  Every little bit helps fund a safe house in Cambodia for at risk children and a sewing project in India for rehabilitating mothers and children.

If you'd like to make a zipper pouch to donate instead, there are tons of free tutorials on the web, or you can use a commercial pattern like I did.  Read more about the pattern and fabric I used here.    Be sure to sign up by following Andrea's instructions.

1 comment:

Please feel free to leave a comment! I love reading what you think about my post!