home tutorials features parties custom orders

Friday, January 4, 2013

sewVery's 2012 Top 5 Most Viewed Posts


Before I recap the 2012 Top 5 Most Viewed Posts from my blog, I'd first like to say that I sincerely hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year!  I've been busy these last couple of weeks visiting with family, celebrating the holidays, and enjoying time with my family.  In particular, I have spent a lot of time cooking and baking with my children in both a real and play kitchen, decorating plastic princess jewelry with my daughter, and assembling some major Lego Ninjago pieces for both my son and daughter (we're talking close to 1,500 pieces of Legos)!

The year 2012 marks the year I began blogging about my sewing projects, and the year that I made countless new, wonderful friends.  It's truly been a blessing, and I hope that blogging in 2013 will continue to be as rewarding.  

I am so thankful for the loyal followers who read my posts and occasionally leave me a comment letting me know their thoughts on the subject, especially when my post provokes you to remember something you haven't thought of in ages.  And I am so amazed that others around the world find my projects and tutorials interesting and useful!  

So here are the 2012 Top 5 Most Viewed Posts from sewVery:


I still get hits on this even though this contest was held last May!  I think lots of people find it because of the Cute Little Zipper Coin Pouch that I made for the giveaway.  I wish I could claim the idea and tutorial for this pouch, but I discovered it here.


No. 4:  A Patchwork Purse and Coin Pouch

This Patchwork Purse is one of my favorites, mainly because I made it using Joel Dewberry's Heirloom collection fabrics!  I made it to challenge myself, but it's much smaller than I would normally carry.  I held onto until this Christmas so I could give it to my sister-in-law.  She really likes Vera Bradley purses, and although this is not the same thing, I hope she really likes it and will use it some.

Since I like to carry a little larger purse, I've thought about scaling the pattern up some so I could make one for myself.  I guess that is a project for 2013.  Also for 2013, I need to try out the other purses from this Simplicity 2617 pattern since I didn't get to that last year!


This post also showed off the very first little round coin pouch that I made using this tutorial.  It really is a great little zipper pouch.  I use mine to carry extra earrings when I travel, and I made my dad one in Auburn University fabric that he carries change in.  He put a spring clip on his so he can easily attach and remove it from his pant's beltloop.


No. 3:  My Emmaline Bag

My No. 3 most viewed post was this very bold and bright Emmaline Bag I made using a pattern I won from Janelle at Emmaline Bags & Patterns. Janelle is a super sweet person that I became friends with after making this bag and writing the post about it.  I really recommend you read the post and check out her patterns!

In fact, I still haven't tried out her Teardrop Bag pattern (even though I purchased it a long time ago).  That's another project just added to my 2013 To-Do List!


Coming in at No. 2 is my Ruffle Neck Romper Tutorial.

I just love this simple little romper. I know I'll be making more this spring for my daughter to wear.  And the picture graphics are one of my favorites, too! I had a lot of fun making the romper, tutorial, and the photo.


The No. 1 most viewed post on sewVery in 2012 is (drum roll, please)...



I made these fabric flowers last year for my daughter's Beautiful Flower Birthday Party.  These flowers are sewVery simple to make and can be made in a variety of ways as seen in the post.

This tutorial was featured at a couple of different places and receives lots of views everyday almost a year later!  Just goes to show you that sometimes the simplest projects are the most well received.  Now I just need to come up with a project that can top this one!

Well, that's it!  Thanks again for following my blog and this new journey of mine.  It has been such an adventure for me, and I hope blogging and sewing continue to open doors to new opportunities and new friends this year.

Have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. HI V! Thank you so much for the mention, I'm so glad the Emmaline Bag made the top 5. Awesome! I also spent Christmas with Lego, but since my son is now 7, he won't let me touch it so I only get to rescue the day when he screams "MOM! There is a piece missing! Wait! I found it." I'm looking forward to 2013, and seeing what you will be up to. I'm catching up with blogs and have started blogging again, myself. Time to get back amongst it. Happy New Year, V. J

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are such great projects! I LOVE them all....I'll definitely be making some of those zippered pouches! Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to revisit your romper post! I was thinking about making something similar for the PR&P next week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok, that romper is about the cutest thing I have ever seen. Sadly, I don't think any of my three boys would wear it.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment! I love reading what you think about my post!